Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Okay, Bubba


There are some big ole pick-up trucks on the road - have you noticed? 

The other day I was out driving around, and I couldn't help noticing that none of the pickups that passed me by had anything in their beds. Nothing, absolutely spotless. 

So, for the next few days I did a straw poll of sorts. I counted 105 pickup trucks - not one of them had anything in the back. Not one - swear to god. As a matter of fact, I got the impression pristine pickup beds were a part of the persona. Along with butt cracks, music sung all with the exact same accent, using the same words, just arranged differently, and cowboy hats, in Oregon yet!

Persona. What exactly are you trying to say with a pickup truck? I love watching my dog sail across the highway whenever I put on the brakes? Or I'm a great big ole road hog? Or I love spending huge amounts of money on gas? Or filling up at the gas station is my favorite pastime, say hello to the boys at the pumps - we consider them family. Or I get to contribute 10 times my share of greenhouse gases to climate change?  Or, hey look at me. I'm a dumbass, tobacco chewing, insecure little twirp in a big ole truck?

Okay, bubba.

No comments:

Post a Comment