Monday, February 22, 2010

A Man's Love

I awoke and she was gone
early morning sunlight through the open window
playing on the bed
Drapes slowly waving in the cool morning breeze soft on my skin
The wrinkles in the sheets where she had laid…her smells
the feel of her warmth, her breath still embracing me
I arise, sunlight dancing in the dew along the porch rails…
Sit, watch, alive in this days beginnings

She is gone now and I ache
I want to show her these diamonds of sunlight in the dew
I want to show her early mornings in this forest
I want her to know the sunsets I’ve known in the high desert
The million, million stars from high atop the mountains
children at play in Paris streets
the feeling of an ancient tree in a hushed forest
the thrill of flying, of children, of birth
the absolute love of seeing your child for the first time
I want to share with her all my joys, all my sadness, all my loves

It slumbered in my heart as I slept next to her and now it is tight in my chest without her
It is the quiet strength and beauty within all men
It is of life and children and passion 
It is the inspiration of the ages
It is a man’s love for a woman…and I love her so

No comments:

Post a Comment