Saturday, April 19, 2014

Do me a favor

Most of the New Testament was written in the first and second centuries A.D., but not compiled into a single book probably until the fourth century AD. Both the authors and those that compiled it, were men who were at least partially influenced by the need to expand the church's base and power.
According to them Jesus was born during Hanukka, died and was resurrected during Passover, as example.

If I wanted to convert Jews or Pagans in order to expand my congregation, I would for sure offer rites, rituals, and holidays to compete with existing ones. So coincidence or competing for believers? Gods words or human invention?

Here's the thing. As a non-believer I recognize these questions are a matter of faith - not for me to question another's faith. If only believers could learn to return the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment