Friday, May 6, 2016

A Letter to a Clinton Supporter

I suppose I begin with an assumption that fundamental change is desperately needed. 

I do believe income inequality and the shrinking of the middle class is real and that it's due to a rigged system. Washington is paralyzed, ineffective, corrupt - primarily due to campaign finance law and structure, and special interest lobbying. Our government is the best money can buy - paid for almost entirely by less than 400 families that possess incredible wealth and power. 

And I do think we are dangerously close to corporatism - a form of fascism. At the least we do not have a system that can effectively deal with long range problems not centered on profit and consumerism - ie global warming.

For me Hilary Clinton offers nothing new - in a time that demands change - deep fundamental change. The only thing new is her gender and frankly that doesn't even register with me. I don't look at her as a female candidate - she's just a candidate. She will not evoke change for women. She will by example inspire girls - no small thing I admit - but not enough of a reason to elect her. 

I think we're in for another Trump surprise if he runs against Clinton. I think a lot of people - quiet up until now - feel as I do about her. 

I think Sanders can defeat Trump. Im not so sure about Clinton. 

Love

Charlie

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment